Multi Monitor Setup

When using the DVI/HDMI-Broadcast output on OSX: can we configure which monitor Flame should use?

I’ve attached 3 monitors and Flame is always picking the 3rd instead of the 2nd monitor. I’ve tried messing around with the osx arrangement options (and moving the dock), unplugging the monitors and connecting in different orders. Flame Setup seems to have no option for this.
Is there any hidden setting that I’m missing?

Thanks in advance!

I`d download a demo of SwitchResX and play with it. Could help (it always helped me with Mac monitor configuration problems)

1 Like

I don’t know if this would help but you might need to toggle “Displays have separate spaces” button under Mission Control tab in the system preferences.

Yeah but Flame only takes over the main monitor. You can have it run in anything but.

I’ve tried the “Displays have separate spaces” button … doesn’t help. :confused:

SwitchResX also doesn’t fix it immediately, but at least it speeds up the process:
I’ve setup two Display Sets. One with only 2 monitors enabled and one with all 3. Before I open Flame I need to enable the 2 Mon Set, so Flame only sees one additional monitor. Once it’s running I can turn on the 3 Mon Set again and everything is working as expected. Unfortunately this has to be done every time you start Flame. A bit annoying, but at least a workaround. :slight_smile:

At least Flame always grabs my main monitor by default for the gui. :smiley:

1 Like