I’m on Flame 2026. I have set up a multi-channel EXR render form batch with 2 RGB channels active. But when I import to Baselight, only the ‘main’ channel is available as RGB - all other channels can be used one at a time as mattes. I think what I need is to define separate ‘views’ but can’t see an option for this - does anyone have any experience with this issue?
If not it’d be good to know what info is in the header of the metadata, is it saying your second rgb view as, for example, pass.2 or is it defining the second rgb view such as left or right. This might be causing the issue however I’m not aware of anyway of changing this within flame.
Hopefully someone with more exacting knowledge might be able to help without telling you to round trip via nuke!
thanks for the reply - I think I have managed to solve it - the exrmultipart tool at Openexr.com allows you to combine a multipart file into a new multi-part file with the view names defined: here’s the command I used:
exrmultipart -combine -i -view left in.exr:0 -view right in.exr:1 -o out.exr exrheader out.exr