New Arri

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure my clients will be very understanding when I tell them ā€œIā€™m sorry, your DP baked that in. We cant change it.ā€

4 Likes

Itā€™ll be interesting to see this one in the wild.

Watch this space. Weā€™ll see how long it is before we start getting this footage rolling through our machines.

2 Likes

If only we had tools to deal with images that are too sharp and too grainy.

*reaches for the blur node and neat video

Episode 14 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

1 Like

Wow this isnt going to cause any frictions at all. Nothing to see here

I heard RED has been working on a way to simulate hairs in the gate to give a more filmic qualityā€¦
Tim Burton Cat GIF by hoppip

3 Likes

terminator 2 money GIF

1 Like

A new cold war beginsā€¦

In all seriousness, I suspect this is just marketing because, ā€œthis one has a slightly larger pixel count and slightly better dynamic rangeā€ isnā€™t easy for marketers to crow about.

2 Likes

Yup. And DPs will jump all over it because all the big player rental houses will get it, and itā€™s ā€œthe latest thingā€. Re: textures and simulated film stock, I feel like thatā€™s an idiosyncrasy of DPs and their craft / sensitivity to this lensā€™ characteristics vs. that lens and how things ā€œfeelā€ to them, film stock aesthetics, etc. The DIT will do ā€œlooksā€ w/ the DP on set, but itā€™ll all get re-done in grade anyway. But yeah, should be fine for us. I was reading somewhere that the new sensor/debayering algo will help detail in BS/GS situations & keying, which was the only thing that really piqued my interest.

2 Likes