New Logik Academy Vids and feedback requested

Anything specific? Or a general take?

The arcane mysteries of all the different ways things get saved in Flame…why so many different types of save, when to use which one, and what gets missed out by choosing a certain one!

1 Like

I think with particles the biggest problem I have is remembering how to get the expressions to work.

However, to answer your question, in the age of Houdini, what particle setups in flame still hold up? For instance, I have a pixie dust thing I made up for an advert which was pretty good (at the end of this Cif - Sleeping Beauty - YouTube) but the revised one in after effects stomps all over it. And after effects was much easier to manipulate.

There are also some pixie dust parts done on the floor of the advert which I think were done in cg. It’s the sort of thing that used to be useful at Xmas to have in your back pocket.

Some stuff like @scottbalkcom has on his website
http://www.evilbovine.com/
would be very useful:

Realistic snow
Interactive rain
Smoke and dust
Heat haze (I am curious about this particle solve as I wouldn’t have considered it)
Breath that looks real and maybe expression linked to an audio track.
Particle liquid, like the sweat drop. (I have used other methods to do this but again, a particle solve is interesting).

Jus to add to @Jeff great explanation. There is a contextual reset on each tab and if you want to reset all the nodes without deleting them you simply highlight all of them in the schematic and hit the reset button (bottom right corner). You will not lose your nodes.

And there is also a reset option in the contextual menu

1 Like