Path Translation Problems

Im having to use the path translation. on a different machine and the footage is on a different drive. So old location was DRIVEA-Rushes - and in there there were lots of folders with different clips such as graded - audio folders etc etc. no im on the new machine and the footage is on DRIVEB-Rushes - if I do a path translation from DRIVEA-Rushes to DRIVEB-Rushes - it comes up blank. im hoping its not so dumb I need to put every possible option of where these things are in sub folders with Rushes. hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Of course what I really was is a relink feature like in resolve.

Well im the dumb one, had source and destination the wrong way round. a bit of a pain you have to write down the path of where it was originally - isn’t there a way of cut and pasting the path from the clip its looking for?

the bigger problem though is the audio isn’t playing. its mute

You’re right, having to manually type in the Source is a pain.
It’d be cool if ‘Select Source’ let you pick a clip on your Desktop and then autofilled that clip’s path.

1 Like

Even better, relink all clips function like in all NLEs.

2 Likes

I have been asking for years for Flame to have basic NLE relink footage. It’s kind of weird that we can have machine learning, but not basic functions of lesser tools.

2 Likes

Amen. What really irritates me though is that the bandaid of path translation is sooo fragile that it’s easy to argue it’s just not a workable solution. Like the audio issues @Jonhollis is having which I’ve seen. Or how a Linux to OSX wire transfer shits itself, failing to convert the Linux mount path to the mac one. Sigh. Yes you can make an archive without cached media and archive back in with convert to local path enabled on the mac but Jesus.

1 Like

Bandaid solution is exactly it. In this day we need easy ways to take our projects with us. To be honest if resolve was better at comping I’d be using it all the time.

1 Like

Yeah… if it had a better shot-based workflow I’d switch tomorrow. Yes you can hack the fusion connect shit but it’s just not the same. The sad fact is that for editorial/online workflows, plate prep and delivery it’s fucking hard to beat Resolve. It’s lightning fast at what it does. The interface is modern. There are team based workflows from this decade. The format support is there. It has a modern media management system. It’s 300 bucks or whatever. And that’s before you talk what it was actually designed to do :joy:

…oh, and you can render using deadline. Like what the actual fuck. Wish the Fusion support hadn’t been designed by monkeys though.

1 Like