Recommendations Live key on set

How are people previewing greenscreen Keys on set?
What software hardware combos are best
Is anyone utilising flame on set?

I haven’t had the ask yet, but I have an ATEM mini that does green screen keys.

2 Likes

assimilate scratch accepts a SDI signal via black magic, aja and bluefish cards and has a bunch of keyers

1 Like

OBS Studio + Decklink . OBS has simple RGB keyer, so if chromakey could be keyed with it, more advanced keyers will do that much better. Or Decklink spark in flame with any keyer.

1 Like

Isn’t this a problem for our VTR friends on set? The tricky thing with previewing keys is that sure, you can preview them, but are you really going to sit there and try to pull perfect keys during production? You’d have to wait for camera reloads, offload footage to DIT, and then DIT copies stuff to you. Not exactly a quick solution.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed but sometimes when you have skeleton crew or doing test shoots before production starts in earnest they want to see if BG plates and green screen angles line up and lighting roughly matches…

Did you mean this?

1 Like

yes, or if You use Centos - HDMISpark for Linux

1 Like

Does anyone know how to install this? downloaded the GitHub files but don’t know what to do next.

I believe once you have downloaded the sparks you should be able to drop them in your Sparks directory
/opt/Autodesk/sparks
I’ll test them out myself tomorrow to see if they are working…

1 Like