Remember the old way Flame used to navigate in Import/Export Image?

Using just a single click to drill into folders?

Hold alt/option while clicking and BAM. Found by accident, as most serendipitous things are… Could be common knowledge, but hey… I got excited & wanted to share.

edit: Changed the title from “clip” to “image”, since clip was how you accessed the VTR…

6 Likes

:eyes:
Interesting :thinking:

Woah. Simple yet so satisfying :hugs:
@eric_mason
No more accidentally editing folder names.

I only just discovered the Hierarchy view the other day. How long has that been there?

1 Like

Good question! I’ve only just started playing with Hierarchy view once you mentioned it. Very cool.

years

2 Likes

Wow, thanks, that’s very handy! I’m always doubleclicking.

nice! didnt know that one. makes it faster for sure

For me the complete surprise has been the Hierarchy view mode. :open_mouth: :sweat_smile: Incredibly useful to not jump between two locations constantly.

I used to work with Hierarchy mode almost exclusively, but I found it got a bit cluttered and I was frequently having to Alt-Close all the folders then re-open the ones I needed. Now I only use it when I need to see all the files throughout a sequence of sub-folders. I didn’t know about the Alt-click instead of the double tap, and I’ve been trying to use it all day, but muscle memory is getting the better of me.

1 Like