Renderdome 1: The Battle of the Andys!

Coming Saturday, Jan 30th at 4pm EDT - It’s Logik.tv’s first Renderdome Battle! Andy Dill and Andy Milkis are meeting for a live Flame Artist Battle in the BorisFX Arena!

Renderdome 1 is going to be hosted by Randy McEntee and Amanda C. Elliott, and will be live streamed by our good friend Brian Fox from Boris FX. Like Iron Chef for Flame Artists, Randy is going to prepare some ordinary Flame task and the two Andy’s will have 20 minutes battle it out…LIVE! There are surprises planned and sh*t-talking is required!

This event will be streamed live on YouTube. No registration is required.

A huge thank you to Brian Fox & BorisFX for all their help and support!

2 Likes

@randy we should get Dan Williams on this. I’ve never seen anyone else use Sapphire Sparks as much or as creatively as him. I can’t get my head around them and am constantly building my own sparks substitutes. Just did it this morning. Couldn’t get rays to do what I wanted so built my own out of a gmask → deform → blur maybe a colour correct. I digress. I’m looking forward to learning some hacks.

3 Likes

That reminds me, where the heck are all your colleagues? Why aren’t they here? The day Dan shows up here I’ll have to do something really obnoxious to celebrate.

1 Like

You should challenge him in Renderdome.

Two men enter, one man leaves.

1 Like

I’ve sent an email to all flame ops at the mill to ask them join up. Let’s see.

I also mentioned Renderdome to Dan Williams and how excited you’d be for him to join.

1 Like

Hahaha that tagline gets me every time.

“Where Extraordinary Artists Do Ordinary Things!”

We need a spin off series where these extraordinary artists do ordinary things around the house. “This week, Andy cooks an omelet. Next week he cleans the garage!”

3 Likes

There’s gonna be a Reddit thread on this with all sorts of bets and shorting 'n stuff! I’m gonna be watching this but also hoping that it’s gonna also make me ra-ich!

Cheers
Tony

My bet is on Andy

3 Likes

Well you’re just a fool if you really believe that. My bet is definitely instead gonna be on Andy, and you’re gonna have egg on your face. It’s gonna be They Shoot Flame Artists Don’t They?, and Andy is gonna be the one standing triumphant after the dancing pens drop to the tablets as the credits roll (not done in Flame) in the end.

Cheers
Tony

2 Likes

#logikforumbets

Who will win?
  • Andy Dill
  • Andy Milkis

0 voters

…off to register more sockpuppet accounts to vote!

1 Like

Quick Robin! To the Botmobile! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah Im looking through the rule book and I don’t see anything prohibiting this kind of behavior. I say go for it.,

2 Likes

Wait…there’s a rule book?

2 Likes

Yup. Here it is.

1 Like

Cannot wait another 25 minutes to see just how much better Andy is than Andy! Andy is a winner and Andy is a loser!

2 Likes

the youtube link doesn’t seam to work

2 Likes

NEW LINK: https://youtu.be/f72zpaCpULs