Rgs remote performance

…and for reference @graeme this is rgsender 20.0.1.25438 on flame2021_1.

2 Likes

install the latest RGS, it all works.

thanks @ALan

Hi graeme,
Apologies for the delay.
It’s all working and good, only issue is that it screws up local audio monitoring so has to be disabled whenever anyone need to work in the office.
Don’t know what the fix for your issue might be I’m afraid.

1 Like

I am using RGS daily and I have to say that it works remarkably well! The facility I’m connecting to is about 35 miles away. I have a 600mbs/5mbs (damn you Xfinity!) internet connection and am hardwired via cat6 cable. I can play back 4k timelines with decent audio sync. I always make an HD quicktime and play it from my local PC if I really want to make sure sync is good.

My only real issue is that I’ll have weird, random keyboard bugs. Some days the control key won’t work, other days it’s shift that won’t do anything. Today, every time I press alt the viewer zooms. This makes attaching nodes in batch remarkably interesting! I can’t complain though. I know tomorrow the functionality will be back and something else will be “different”

1 Like

Can I install RGS on cent OS 7.4 ?
Receiver is Catalina OS.

Yes, that will work.

Just be aware that your performance with MacOS RGS receiver is going to be significantly less, and require more bandwidth, than a Linux/Windows receiver.

…and to add to what @ALan said, you also will not have pressure sensitivity unless you change to a Linux client.

1 Like

Why is windows / Linux considered better as a receiver over Mac ?

no AVC video.

Unable to install ZCentral on cent os 7.4 as “sender”

Install using the install.sh.

also without avc (I dont use it , i actually use jpegLS a lot if times) windows/linux performance is just better, I have a trashcan mac and a windows pc from the same era (2013) and the windows pc performs a lot better than the mac.

Actually using bootcamp on macs has gotten us better HPZ performance.

on linux you have the added benefit of wacom pressure.