So you think AI isn't going to take your job?

Does anybody know how to use things like this? Is it in comfy or do you need good coding skills?

This is pure code but it is quite easy to run if you know how to run conda environments…Although I’m pretty sure there will be a comfyui node for this.
Important thing is how vram heavy this is, hopefully they release a fp8 or quantized model in order to run the inference on lower vram usage, otherwise you won’t be able to run this on standar resolutions, you can see there that for a 720p you need 33gb vram. So think of 2k or 4k plates and higher… You’ll need at least 48gb vram gpu.

Make of this what you will. I know what I make of it.

Ah… that’s what a boatload of $$$ does to perspectives…

for those of us who aren’t quite sold on the benefits of AI, I recommend Ed Zitron’s podcast “Better Offline” where he looks at different aspects of the Tech industry and is quite critical of the whole tech-bro economy

Great podcast. “Tech won’t save us” also have some great episodes, but definitely very critical of the tech industry in general.

So far this is the only decent AI video I’ve seen everything else looks like it was done with a toon shader, but check this out I guess the entire thing was done in AI in 3 weeks https://youtu.be/VqLWWYfCEbI?si=vRVIDxfdhDPceJwK

Looks good. The question is - is this straight up AI material, or did they use AI to generate assets but then did a lot of work afterwards to assemble it into a clean looking ad.

What % of work was AI vs. traditional edit/comp/vfx?

I think what we’ve learned on all uses of AI - it’s great as a companion tool to generate certain elements and can thus speed up the end result. But it sucks in producing delivery ready work.

And it’s that distinction that gets buttered over. I think we could have a much more adult conversation about this, if people would be more clear that AI was used in some capacity.

But execs don’t want to pay for AI unless they can fire everyone else at the same time. So nobody has the right conversation.

Doesn’t look to be a “they” but one dude it seems like.
Check the full video description then his Channel and then his website(which is just links to his social accounts related to his colorist job, projection mapping job, Ai creations, and his photography job/projects.)
http://www.laszlogaal.com

Personally I feel the BTS part was far more convincing. That was impressive and crossed many an uncanny valley. Still had some of the camera moves Ai seems to love to use though.

yeah, I wasn’t impressed with the spec ad but I was legit confused by the BTS footage.

Yo, this dude goes hard. Another podcast I’ve been enjoying is “This Machine Kills.” Jathan Sadowski, very smart, just finished his book “The Mechanic and the Luddite” and it was fantastic

that’s pretty good.

somewhat related: i was surprised to see this interesting article on a blog i follow about climate change.

While this is a satire piece, it probably captures the mindset of AI tech bros pretty well, which is why any of our concerns about AI will not register much. There’s a huge divide between our world and theirs.

A problem we’ve seen for some years, now that most tech is mainstream and used by every generation, but mostly built by folks in a small and unique bubble that cannot wrap their head around other people’s circumstances or that people in the 90s and before didn’t have everything as digital assets that you can just upload from your phone to a contemporary intake form. Mind the dropdown and the bay area bubble.

The Dril candles tweet is evergreen!

I immediately thought of this tweet. :blush:

Speaking of which, when did the boards get the little “summarize with AI” button. Does it cost @randy 5 bucks every time we press it?

It’s probably a “free” add on that is nigh-impossible to shut off, just like the ones Google and Microsoft are shoehorning into everything.

The earth still pays as gallons of water are irradiated to summarize my thoughts on Elden Ring to disinterested parties. :tada:

Its so diabolical they are now stealing from themselves , oh the irony of how this is working out