Tlfx type for 'dips to color?'

Hi,

I’m wondering what the tlfx type is for a dip to color transition (ex. tlfx.type == ‘Timewarp’ for timewarps), if it exists at all.
More broadly, is there a way to find a comprehensive list of all the tlfx types?

1 Like

Hi there!

Specifically, add a Dissolve by parking your timeline positioner on the cut between two segments and there’s a Color Pot available to create a dip to color.

Or you can always build your own with dissolving to and from a color source frame.

Not sure if there’s a list or not. Is there a specific problem you are trying to solve?

1 Like

I’ve never watched this but you’ll see the Color pot show up when @La_Flame adds the Dissolve in this video.

Sorry I should have been more specific, I was referring to the python functions. I am looking at this script here in particular:

for shot in selection:
    for version in shot.versions:
        for track in version.tracks:
            for segment in track.segments:
                for tlfx in segment.effects:
                   if tlfx.type == 'Timewarp':

I’m not in front of the box and not sure if transitions are instances of PyTinelineFX and if we can manipulate them via python. Just change the last line of your code snippet to this to find out:

print(tlfx.type())

Using your example this will print the type of any timeline effect applied to your selection. You can use this to find out the type of the different effects by just applying them. I think there is no list of all available types. At least I couldn’t find it in the manual.

Thank you so much, I’ll give that a go!

I never knew that . . .

We do not support transitions in the Python API. Please submit a request at flamefeedback.autodesk.com for it.

Doh! So sorry about the noise! That’ll teach me from early morning Forumming on my phone!

Haha no worries!

Ok, thanks Fred, will do!

No big deal . . . I learned something from it.

We are trying to filter only “dip to color,” to allow global changes to the color used. At this time, they are included with dissolves, so it won’t do what we are looking for, sadly.
It’s an item for the suggestion box!

If you are planning on doing this a lot in the future, you can create a colour frame and put it on the layer above to dissolve in and out. The colour frame can be made into a connected segment (coloured gap effects can not) so if you want to change all the colours, you can create a new colour frame and Shift-J replace. (smoke keys)

1 Like