Unable to manually move playhead

Is there a preference somewhere where you can enable or disable manually moving the playhead between layers in a timeline?

If you’re talking about the little horizontal ‘track focus’ line on the playhead, you can use Page Up/Page Down, or to drag it manually as of Flame 2026 (I think, or maybe one of the point updates) you now have to hold Alt down and you can drag it up and down like before.

almost 20 years of being able to move it by hand and now I have to press a button? was this really something that needed changing @FriendsFromAutodesk? who does this benefit? at least make it a preference…

Not just me then. I genuinely don’t understand why this behavior was changed. It’s worked this exact way for 25 years, and switching muscle memory at this point is brutal — I keep overwriting shots on my timeline because the playhead/track switching doesn’t work the way it used to.

Is there really no way to get back the old behavior — moving the playhead and switching from one track to another just by dragging? :grimacing: