Uninformed, idiot artist-level superstition

I used to never quit out of flame after I’ve delivered something until it was the absolute last step as I was leaving the building and I’d double checked with the producer a couple of times that we were good to go. Now I just leave it up and go clean the kitchen, start dinner, etc and then come back into the office later that night and quit. Otherwise the client will come back with something you see.

1 Like

this is so real.

It’s just caused so many issues over the years… mostly black frames or corrupt bfx setups. Pure conjecture on my part but it seems to create dependencies on the machine the bfx is originally created on and if those original clips are moved or deleted, even AFTER copying across to a different box it seems to cause problems… footage never seems to cache or has “pending render” on the clips… BFX is surely an awesome tool if you are a one man band but in an environment with lots of different flames…

The Compass feature in Batch crashes the machine…

Not for me.
I love compasses!

2 Likes

As soon as I archive that old and dusty project and delete it, client will call about it.

4 Likes

I save the project and desktop rapidly three times in a row in an alternating pattern, overwriting each time before I exit flame. Always. Click click, click click, click click, click click, click click, click click.

4 Likes

That every Paint node is about to explode…

4 Likes

Modern Family Cameron Tucker GIF

4 Likes

I save, then I save and I always get my auto save from my write node.

Maybe I should save my desktop :thinking:

4 Likes

Never turn on clip history. Never. Used it when it first came out, something got corrupt, haven’t touched it since.

1 Like

If it’s a heavy comp, NEVER use background reactor.

1 Like

My Batch Iterations…

v001
v002
v003
v004
v005
v006
v007
v008
v009
v010