What have we here? New Mac Pro graphics cards!

As a skeptic/pessimist re: Apple’s ongoing commitment to pro hardware, this is welcome news. 1st question though, obviously, is will flame support these things?

4 Likes

Hmm. If memory serves me right, I can’t name a graphics card on the Mac side that flame didn’t support.

Right?

2 Likes

Hi @randy,

That is right, but it applies to Apple-manufactured computers only, not to “Hackintosh” systems.

Best,
Yann

2 Likes

@YannLaforest : Did ADSK test also if there is a difference in a Radeon GC with or wotihout an MPX module?

By the way these GC’s have been tested already with Geekbench.

1 Like

Hi @Waldi,

The graphics - workstations qualified for Flame are listed on the Flame system requirements page.

My point was related to the fact that Flame should launch on likely any Mac workstations, no matter the graphics they are equipped with.

Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Yann

1 Like

It would be great if Autodesk would support the maximum configuration this time around.

2 Likes

Available to ship in two weeks.

Hi @SamE,

There is a clear distinction between unsupported - not recommended and unqualified.

Back to your comment, Autodesk hasn’t qualified the maximum configuration for the new Mac Pro, but all configurations above the Flame system requirements work.

In this context, unqualified does not mean unsupported or not recommended.

I hope it clarifies this topic.

Best,
Yann

@YannLaforest, I would like to see flame performance scale with the hardware up to the maximum config, like other pro apps.

2 Likes