Wiretap gateway error

I have an issue with an error message:

Wiretap “Gateway” service is unavailable

continue anyway?

Choosing to continue will result in limited playback,

import and export functionalities

Continue or abort.

Selecting abort quits flame, selecting continue, flame will start but I cannot import or export and cannot connect to any of our servers.

In the shell after starting flame it shows:
Could not retrieve server info: Connection refused.

This is an issue that I had earlier in the year which went away, but has now come back.

The service shows a full set of green lights, I have restarted all the services, rebooted, run sw_restart all, but nothing works.
Any idea how to fix this?
Even Autodesk had no idea earlier in the year.

Might be a long shot: if you’re on a mac check that the privacy settings allow full access to flame.

Sorry John, but it’s a linux box.
Brief history, It’s been an intermittent issue for a while and neither our IT people or AD have managed to get to the bottom of it.
I have a workaround, but it’s not ideal.
I’ve also shyed away from a full install as I still have (and use) the furnace suite of plugins, but we can no longer find the installer.

Are there other people on your network? Long shot, and a simplistic description, but here goes: When you are powered down, your ip is not visible. Someone else connects to the network with an auto-assigned ip, which happens to be yours. You power up and something in the network doesn’t recognize you. Hence, no gateway.

Yes, Flame here is on a network and I did wonder the same, just not sure how to go about diagnosing it.