I’ve added 3 shaders that may be of use to some folks…
ak_skinoverlay is a skintone line overlay focused on hue, not IRE. Use as context view and it will show an overlay for pixels that are within the skintone hue range, making it easier to align your skintone color. Best used in combination with false color scopes which handle the exposure aspect.
ak_colorcompress is a hue/sat/luma compressor, similar to the Resolve FX. You select (sample) a target color. Then separate controls for hue/sat/luma pull all other pixels closer to this target color. There’s a curve for the effect strength as well. It honors a matte input to restrict the shader to certain image areas.
Often used to remove slight color variations in skin or product.
ak_vibrance is repacking of available GLSL code similar to vibrance control on Resolve. Not too different from a sat/sat curve, but easier to use. Also honors a matte.
Right now these shaders assume that you are working in video (Rec709) color. So you may have to add a ColorMgmt node in front of them. I’m working on a version that supports both linear & video.
Did some basic testing on these the last few days. Feedback and improvement ideas welcome.
MacOS didn’t like something I did on Linux. Fixed it and tested both Linux and Mac. Give it another try.
Had to do with the overlay color customization. Removed that for now. The way shaders are written doesn’t make it easy to have color inputs that transition seamless between color spaces. Will get back to that part at some point.
One more shader addition - the equivalent of Resolve’s Texture Pop effect. Matchbox filter name is ak_texturecontrol
A 5-band frequency separation that can sharpen or blur each band, with range control for shadows, mids, and highlights, honoring matte input.
Two things to keep in mind:
You can change the blur radi for each band, I’ve started with some defaults that seem to work for me, but we’ll have to see how what the right values are across a wider set of images. If you use the shader and have to adjust the radi, I would love to know the values that worked for you, and the resolution / nature of your image. I can refine the defaults over time.
Also, if you mess with the radi, keep them in an increasing order, each must be bigger than the previous, or the band filter logic will break.
And as before, I’ve done a good amount of testing, but there may be issues or things that need tweaking. Let me know.