Bypass login screen / autologin on Linux

Can we bypass the login screen when we reboot ?

Thank you :pray:t3:

1 Like

Mac or Linux?

Linux

In Centos 7.6…

System Settings / Login Screen / Convenience / Enable Auto-Login, and select the User in the dropdown menu.

2 Likes

Just following up on an old post, I’ve now set this up which is great, however, is there a hot key combo to reboot the box if flame has hung?

1 Like
  1. Control + C in the active shell to kill Flame
  2. kill -9 insert PID here
  3. ssh in via ssh user@ipaddress and run a sudo reboot
1 Like

Hi randy, thanks for that, but this is from within flame if it has frozen, I’ve had a couple of occasions recently, particularly when switching between projects, where the box has frozen and when working remotely through teamviewer, I can’t pop up a shell.

Then grab yourself a Wi-Fi smartplug. I like the TP Link Kasa HS105. You can sign up for a free account at www.ifttt.com and using the webhooks functionality, connect your remote power switch to a Streamdeck, your phone, heck, even Slack. You could even write a Slack App with zero coding (it sounds complicated but it’s not) and then from the power of your Slack workspace, type /power Paul’s awesome Flame to remotely power cycle your Flame.

Doh! Forgot to mention that in the bios you set the power to automatically turn on after a power failure.

Boom

Ah, smart!!

I’ve got it working here. If you want some hints, lemme know.

1 Like

I got so far, but cannot get across to the screen on the right to change to power on.

1 Like

Oooh it’s been forever since I’ve had a dell. It’s going to be all keyboard shortcuts. Try tab. It’s going to be all keyboard shortcuts. Try tab. And if you Google Dell bios basics you’ll find the right answer.

If you’d just like to kill flame when it gets hung up (and you can’t change windows to get to the controlling terminal), do a google for “ctrl+alt+esc”.

If you’re still running KDE, it’s probably already enabled. Hitting that key combo should turn your cursor into an “X”, and the next thing you click on with be killed with fire.

Not quite. I’ve been remoting in via teamviewer, but when flame hangs I cant reboot remotely. What Randy has suggested will work, but stuck at changing the power management setting in the bios