Change framerate of current project

Hello

Is it a good idea to change the fps of a current project (in “Edit Project”)? Does that depend of the type of footage?

Thank’s a lot!

Joe

How I made this clip:
Right-clicked stills/shots and choosed Splice Selected. Then clicked on another Reel to make a single clip of all the frames.

1 Like

Projects don’t really have “framerate” settings. Think of those as merely defaults. You can change anything to whatever.

3 Likes

interesting… does that also mean that it’s possible to have footage with different fps-setting in the same timeline?

Yes. And no. You can fit any timeline with whatever you want, but, obviously, a timeline has its own framerate. So, you can add a 29.97fps clip to a 23.976 timeline, but then you have to choose do you want to keep the 29.97fps clip running at its original “clock time”, by timewarping it 125%, or, play it at 23.976, and it effectively runs slow?

1 Like

Thank’s for the promt feedback and that you mentioned the thing with the timewarp:)

1 Like

Sure thing. Theres a preference somewhere in Flame / Preferences, I think its called “Auto Timewarp” and it automagically assigns the right timewarp for you…so, I 24fps going into 25 does a 96% (or is it 104%?), a 24 to 30 does an 80%,etc…

1 Like