Dual monitor Mac mapping

As workaround, you can always start Flame in single monitor and enable “HDMI/DVI” Broadcast in the preferences to use the second screen as a broadcast monitor. I know this is not the same as having a true multi-monitor setup, but it could perhaps be a viable alternative.

Note that we’ve seem similar issues in the past. Please contact support if you have not already done so. Your issue might be related to a known issue (FLME-61026).

1 Like

I used to run dual monitors on Mac but now I stick to one because it’s much snappier.
(Also have addtl broadcast monitor)

If I recall, this happened from something weird like broadcast sync frame rate. Try changing to another?

Forgot all about it, until I saw this post.
Sorry it’s not clear fix.

The other good option is instead of two monitors, get one of the new super-ultra wide monitors. They’ve become a lot more affordable.

This from a 49" Dell on a MacStudio which has the equivalent resolution of two 27" monitors, but without seam in the middle. Much more versatile on how you split up your space. Then you can still have a broadcast monitor on the wall if you need additional color accuracy.

3-up view with batch, action, and image viewer, each of them quite large (each of the 3 views about 14" wide)

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 8.29.07 AM

That would be a good idea if I didn’t have a perfectly good working eizo and studio monitor that I would rather not bin, I just wished it worked fine just like every other app that I run it’s only flame that seems to have the issue which is what my issue is

Totally understand. I retired two perfectly working NEC Spectraviews when getting this monitor. Would do it any day again. Having a single wide screen is a game changer in usability. I always used to scootch mu chair in front of the left as primary and then had to look over to the right for the secondary. A seam in the middle is just an issue. Without you have many more options in dividing up the real estate.

Oh yes. I just got the 40 inch version and having such a large amount of space on 1 monitor is fantastic.

Following this thread.

Dual Monitor setup - Mac Studio M1 - Sonoma 14.3.1 - Flame 2024.2.1 - Neither mouse nor wacom will work with Flame. I can move the mouse, but no clicky.

Resolve, Premiere, Avid all fine. Anything that I am missing?

if your monitors are different resolutions make sure the primary monitor is the higher resolution one that fixed all the problems for me, example I have an Eizo and Apple Studio and I need to make the studio the primary in the OS

That seemed to take care of it. Thanks. Now I have to physically move my monitors around.