Exporting 4444 with alpha broken in 2025?

Just upgraded to 2025 - Creating files with embedded mattes same as I have always done and suddenly the alpha channel isn’t being exported - anyone run into this?

i can’t even export a png sequence with alpha…

works for me.

exporting in a different project worked
https://images.app.goo.gl/keiv1ahrwwiTfhz68

working for me too…

It’s not the Mark In/Out thing interfering with alpha export again is it?

No. Literally just changing projects was the solve. I suspect it’s a bug somewhere because it’s now happening on 2 separate projects.

It is also working as expected on my side.
Have you brought in your content from your original project to your new project and exported OR started from scratch? There is no much project related that could break this.

One project was all original content, initiated in 2025. Another project was initiated in 2025, but had elements that were unarchived from a project started in 2023.3 - however I was able to export this particular file by just bringing the clip into a new project and exporting from there.

oh also i’m on a mac if that matters…

Well, not clear what is the root cause of the issue but happy to hear you were able to export your content as RGBA. if you happen to investigate the issue and find a case please open a ticket with out Support team and provide them a clip in an archive so they can investigate the problem.

Stupid question, but is it possible the export preset is configured wrong in one project and correct in the other?

in both cases its just the stock prores 4444 preset (with confirmation that include alpha is on)