Flame Keyboard

I’d argue that the best parts of Flame got integrated into Smoke… not the other way around…

The proof is that the best version of Flame pre-anniversary was actually the Smoke Premium that came with a Flame Premium license. The Flame workflow at that point was a joke comparatively speaking and the timeline/batch foundational combo of Smoke Premium is really the way we all work today.

Kill the reels view and we’ll take a step forward imho.

Of course the Flame name was the stronger IP… but it is what it is. My 2 cents…

5 Likes

This is what happened “under the hood”

4 Likes

So there’s a universe where the desktop reels view could just be turned off? I’ll file a feature request.

2 Likes

Once you’ve moved on, it’s fairly obvious how unnecessary they are. If there were an option to turn them off and get back to the sleekness of Smoke I’d be all down.

3 Likes

would this work now in Flame?

2 Likes

I still use one

1 Like

What’s the difference between the UK and American English versions? Is there a bollux key?

That is great - so all shortcuts that you used on smoke are same in flame with that keyboard?

They are the same if you set your prefs to smoke keys. From what I can see, the labels appear to be accurate.

1 Like

Exactly as Tim said, if you used the smoke classic preferences then you’ll be happy.

3 Likes

F10,11 and 12 are not quite accurate any more, at least not with smoke keys on flame. And looking at it after being on an unlabeled keyboard for so long I am reminded of how many I never use. Personally, I prefer a backlit keyboard now, but I have to admit, that keyboard was very comfortable to use.

1 Like

Yep, I use one every day! It’s great if you want to be one of the “cool kids” who use Smoke hotkeys!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m looking at buying this keyboard for Flame as I like the backlit mode.

Anyone using it?

2 Likes

Hey John! I know a couple of people using it. It’s just like the other LogicKeyboards except you have to do some funky things to get the function keys working properly. Make sure to watch the install videos on the Logickeyboard site if you pick one up for your Mac.

I have one, but it sadly went crazy after 2 years (page down randomly triggers). And then I broke the key fiddling with it… whoops. A backlit keyboard is super nice to have.

One things I could never get to work was Shift 1:see Primary track output in BFX. I assumed it was just Flame being Flame, but it works on my plain Mac keyboard…

Why not just buying a mechanical RGB keyboard instead of a 10bucks keyboard that got smoke buttons printed on it for 100+?
Colorcodes for shortcuts and colored macros for started shortcuts, way more modern.

Yeah, I’d much rather buy a nice quality keyboard than a scissor-style with cheap keycaps.

Well SOME of us Smokers still don’t know our hotkeys a decade later. And that’s OK.

2 Likes

Apart from having the Smoke hotkeys, the keyboard feels much better than the white Apple one.

I dont care about the labels. I want a backlit keyboard with function keys grouped in 4”s. Very hard to find nice looking feeling keyboards with simple backlight.