Flame Keyboard

I think you can buy the Astra from Logickeyboards without hotkeys. Its black and back lit and the keys feel great

Personal favorites are Ducky Shine 7 and Duck Ones.

2 Likes

I’m using the Ducky Shine 7 since two years now and it’s a really robust and good keyboard. For my personal opinion the keys are a bit to small. When I would be in the need today, I would give Das Keyboard 6 Pro a trial. Good luck.

Oooh. I like that keyboard especially the volume knob. Does it feel like the adsk logickeyboard that adsk shipped with their linux systems.

I was only experiencing Apple keyboards and the Ducky Shine 7. But Das Keyboard have quick support were you can ask. Also - if you don’t like the keyboard, just send it back?

Keyboards are like undies. You gotta try a few on to find something that hugs you in all the right places. Feel free to peruse your local computer stores, see what they offer, try some gamer keyboards to find a layout/switch type/feel/sound/linear/feel that you like, and go from there.

1 Like

The Keychrons are also a real decent value. Something like this…

Hotswappable switches mean you can change the feel once you know what you like.

2 Likes

I’m rocking that bad boi now :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now y’all got me keyboard shopping. I do like a gap between F4 and F5. That Das MacTiger looking nice

I just ordered this one. I’ve been using a similar one with Cherry keys, but it’s falling apart after 5 years. Anxious to see how the brown keys feel.

1 Like

I just cancelled my astra for Keychron. Thanks

1 Like

Me too. I went with the K5 as it’s low profile. Was looking at my Astra and realized there’s really no need for most of these shortcuts anymore. The only one I constantly forget is Extract & Lift.

1 Like

My K10 is here! I really like the feel of the keys. Less clacky than the cherry. And it’s really solid: I feel like I could kick it down a couple of flights of stairs (no carpeting) and it would still work fine. I will update if I find any performance issues. Thanks @randy.

1 Like

@aaronneitz Have you got the k5 yet. If so whats it like compared to the astra.

Coming Tuesday, shipped from China via DHL

these all look the same to me. Are they?

There’s a few iterations. The SE has a plastic base but metal top (I think, I might have that backwards). There’s full RGB vs plain white LED. And then the type of clack: red, blue, brown, etc… If you youtube search you can hear the difference between them.

I went K5 low profile because my WFH desk is very shallow.

I have heard the the K5 does not have little feet in back to change the angle. The K5 SE does. The little feet are important to me. I like the higher profile of the K10 because I keep the keyboard directly behind the tablet. Low profiles are uncomfortable since my forearms are raised by the tablet when I type. I think it’s one of the reasons I hate mac keyboards so much.

I have my Mac keyboard propped up with rubber feet from Home Depot. I concur.

me too