Frame IO to Flame

I’ve DMd you Andy. Sorry not to share csv here but NDAs, etc.

1 Like

@andymilkis sorted it :smiley: It was semi-colons separating TCs and comments. Find + Replace fixed it.

In case this helps anyone, the script doesn’t drop markers on a timeline which is already cut up. And if you have more than one video track, it seems to stumble after the first marker. But it works a treat on a single-layer single-clip timeline. So I’ll be using it on my offline reference clip, and then adding that to my master timeline.

Thanks again Andy! I owe you beer.

1 Like

Hi All,
I’m working with Josh and he had me update the csv to markers script. Now, it works in both the timeline and media panel. Right-clicking on a timeline segment lets you add segment markers, and right-clicking on a clip in the media panel lets you add timeline markers.

This has been working for me, but there could me some other issues. If anyone finds the script helpfuil and wants to test it out, let me know how it works.

Hope this is helpful!

csv-import.zip (2.4 KB)

7 Likes

Welcome Jacob! Just to add a neat feature of this script: it also works by selecting ALL the clips in a timeline and running the script, it’ll add segment markers on the clips that have notes from FrameIO.

4 Likes

Hey there - I just downloaded this and when I right click to add timeline markers, I choose “select CSV file” and nothing happens. How do I tell it where the CSV file is I want to select?

Hi! There’s supposed to be a file dialog popup, so this is probably an issue on my end and I need to rework the program a little. If you’re running flame from the terminal, does it give you a specific error?

Select CSV File execute callback [<function add_markers at 0x1a12e4ef0>((<flame.PySequence object at 0x1a11d8f80>,),)] failed because of an error of type “‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘addWidget’”

Thanks for bearing with me. Try this script. Let me know if it works.
csv_to_markers_rev.py (4.4 KB)

Thanks for helping out with this! now it allows me to select the file but it didn’t import any markers…

A few questions/thoughts. 1) Check for an error message. 2) Are you using the script from the mediahub or timeline? 3) Check the file/frameio for the location of the marker. It could be at a duration that is longer than the clip.

its probably me - error in shell Found and read CSV file: /Volumes/FlameStorage/Digital Banshee/Clients/TEAM ONE/22DB111 Lexus Crazy Talk/Frame.io Markers/Crazy Talk Markers FLAME.csv

No timecode found in CSV

I’m right clicking on the clip from the desktop. I opened the option to “show all markers” and there are none. I made a new CSV file with just a few timecodes in it, and everything starts after the 01:00:00:00 mark. Still getting above error.

1 Like

Send me the CSV file. It might be that it is formatted in a different way than the code is designed to read.

What’s the latest on this script? Have been trying to use it with 2023.1 but not getting any success. Have tried the various pieces of advice on this thread, but haven’t managed to get it to work yet.

Hi Andy!

As outlandish as this sounds, my developer is a sophomore in college. I might get some time with him over winter break…. Until then…

Yours,
Josh

Hey Andy. I just tried the version of the script I tweaked for 2022 and it worked in 2023.2. Can you share a csv? I can probably look into it next week if not tomorrow.

Thanks John.
In that case it’s more likely something I’m doing wrong (which is good news!).
I’ll DM you.

I did a deeper dive with Jacob’s updates to this script and they’re great. It’s flexible and it reads the CSV directory from FrameIO - there’s no need to prep the CSV. I think it would work with CSV’s from other sites too as long as one of the headers reads “Timecode In” but I haven’t had a chance to test that. I’ve made a few tweaks for 2023, but it will still work with 2022. I’ve tested it in 2022.3, 2023.1, and 2023.2. I’ve also listed my tweaks in the Updates section of the script for those interested.

If you want timeline markers, right click a sequence on the desktop or media panel, and look for Add Timeline Markers->Select CSV. If you want segment markers, select the segments in a timeline, right click, and look for Add Segment Markers->Select CSV.

csv_to_markers.py (5.7 KB)

4 Likes

Hi Fellas

I’m having trouble with the csv to markers script and can’t figure out why. I have used this in the past and it seemed solid. @john-geehreng or @andymilkis do you know why this csv breaks the script?

Only 4 out of 18 marks are imported (had to zip it in order to upload).

FE_2min_SFX_LittleDeath_7 (New Ending)_7thMarch.zip (2.2 KB)

Hi John.

What version of the script are you using and are you getting any errors in the terminal or Flame Console (lower left corner)?