HDMI out

I’m doing some tests today with 3 monitors connected to my system.

1 iMacPro monitor (secondary)
2 LG 5k monitor connected via USB-C (Primary - has finder menu defined)
3 TV Monitor HDMI, connected via a USB-C - HDMI adaptor

Everytime I launch Flame I see the GUI on the LG (2) monitor and the full screen out of Flame on the Mac monitor.

How can I default the Flame to send the HDMI out to the TV monitor (3)

At the moment I have to change the dealt menu in finder to be the Mac monitor and then launch Flame, then go back to system prefs and change the finder menu back to the LG (2) and then the out of Flame switches over to the TV (3)

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I`d tried a SwitchResX to deal with it. Should help

Oh man thanks but that program is so deep I can’t get it to work.

Sorry, I work have one GUI monitor only, but you can reach a their support with your problem, last time I checked they were pretty fast at response

PS Also, I’d say that USB-C to HDMI connection is not a best thing when it comes to color monitoring, maybe you should look at some kind of Ultrastudio device from Blackmagic.

Yes thanks. I also have a ultrastudio but I’m in a world of pain trying to split the audio out to go into a sound input of a zoom session.

I’m trying out a hdmi solution.

I feel your pain, bro

Write to SwitchResX support, those guys are uber-smart when it comes to mac monitor configs

1 Like

I never heard of tripplescreen working with one beign fake broadcast output.

Just get a $15 usb hdmi capture device , hook it up to the hdmi out of the decklink , voila you have flame out as a source in zoom. Can recommend a cheap capture card literally the dame thing as a elgato camlink: it wont be color accurate but its zoom…

I use this one

Thats a great option but where I’m stuck is that I want to send a screen share of my Flame out to zoom with audio and have the sound and video from my camera so the clients can hear me. At the moment I have to dial in to my own meeting and I think it impedes the upload performance having 2 connections running.
I think I need to feed everything into a switcher and have it feed zoom.

Use OBS (free) to do this. It will show up in Zoom as a virtual camera. You can use tools like VirtualCable to do the same for the audio and set VC as the monitor output of OBS.
I‘m doing the same thing here to send screen / webcam and both audios. No money spend for extra hardware. :slight_smile:

Thant’s great. Thank you I will give that a go.

Hi @claussteinmassl

I’m looking at VC and cant see any patching control panel like it shows on their website

Do I need to buy one of the A+B or C+D packages on top the VC software?

@johnag No. What you see in that screenshot is the (native) windows ui for setting up audio.
Here’s how you set it up:

In OBS go to the Settings → Audio → Advanced → Monitoring Device and select VB-Cable.

In the Audio Mixer click on the little gear icon on the right side and select Advanced Audio Properties from the context menu. In that menu make sure that audio monitoring is set to Monitor only or Monitor and Output. Now the output of OBS is send to VB-Cable which can be selected as a mic in the Zoom Settings.

The other settings (like how you get the Flame Audio and Screen into OBS) depend on your setup.
Personally I use the HDMI Output in Flame for broadcast preview and do a screen capture of that monitor in OBS. For the Flame Audio I have installed another app which does the same thing like VB-Cable, it’s called Blackhole (just another virtual output). I select this as the output in Flame and as a source in OBS.

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 19.20.17

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 19.21.51

Let me know if this helps or if you need further details. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @claussteinmassl
It worked with your instructions and I even managed to get Flame and a mic in the mix.
The sound is about 4-6 frames out between the computer screen shared vision and the camera output. I think that can be tweaked in VC ?? or maybe in OBS. It’s getting late now so I’ll look into it again tomorrow.

Thanks again

You’re welcome @johnag ! :slight_smile:
Maybe have a look at the Advanced Audio Properties (the little gear icon). There is one settings called Sync Offset. I haven’t tried it myself, but it sounds promising to solve the sync issue. :smiley:
I think for Virtual Cable there is not other setting than the bandwidth and sample rate (open the native Audio Midi Setup App to configure this).