Install trouble with 2022 on mac

Has this been resolved somehow? I am getting the same love here…

It did not.

I worked with Autodesk for several hours and we were not able to get 2022 to install. The only solution they offer now is to do a clean install of the OS. That is a poor solution in my opinion. Autodesk should ask me for whatever low level debugging info is required to analyze and solve this problem. I’m happy to work with them on it but I need a developer to do a deep dive.

Telling people to do a clean install on a machine that already had a clean install from the factory is a disappointing user experience. Imagine if every software that crashed told us to do a clean install? All we’d be doing is installing operating systems and not booking jobs.

1 Like

Since you were talking with support they probably tried this bit below but it worked for me when I couldn’t restart my Wiretap Gateway

I did have some weird super long install time when getting 2022 installed the other day. Also feels a bit off compared to 2021.2.1, getting some odd quick pauses every now and then.

From back in the day when I was helping @digitalbanshee trouble shoot this, the RESULT of the failed installation were these symptoms, but, turns out, the installer itself was failing/crashing at the very end and wasn’t behaving compared to how a successful install looks like on 2022. So, there appears to be something a bit more fundamental to those Stone and Wire and Wiretap Gateway services not starting, as in, with the install itself.

1 Like

Here’s the fix: add to your /opt/autodesk/cfg/network.cfg your ethernet interface descriptor:

Metadata=en3 (example)

done.

Thanks @masher but my tech support person did that and it didn’t help.

I didn’t had the same issue but it was related to the Flame 2022 installer too.

After a clean reformat of my MacPro and reinstall of the OS (MacOS 10.15.7), I installed the last version of Flame 2022. I was able to open the app but wasn’t able to see any project from other workstation from the facility where I work.

The lady from Autodesk support figured out that for some reason the install of Flame 2022 wasn’t writing the etc/exports file wiring to other stations. Installing Flame 2021.2.2 did the trick and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s other bug from the 2022 installer.

Good luck @digitalbanshee !

1 Like

you don’t need to reinstall the complete os. just get the installer for your particular version and start it from finder. this will refresh the os. prior to that, I uninstalled all flame versions, manually killed all adsk-related files ( “find any file” is your friend ), ran onyx, and reinstalled flame. then the network.cfg thingy. good luck.

I had an issue a while ago with caching on Flame (Mac) which might be related. I had set permissions for privacy etc in system prefs but because I need to run 2018 as well as 2021 on the same box I found that I needed to add permissions for both my mac partitions and sometimes for each version of Flame. My privacy tab ended up a bit messy but this fixed the issue. Maybe worth a shot?

Yes, this was all addressed when I was working with the Autodesk team. I suspect there is something wrong with the installer for 2022. It’s the only time I’ve had trouble installing. And I’ve installed a lot of versions on this machine. Over and over and over. And over.

1 Like

The issue is with the Flame Software. This isn’t some $30/year thing I downloaded from the App store. Software I’m paying $5k/year for should have better support than “reinstall the OS”. They should have better diagnostics. I’m happy to work with them on it but Autodesk needs to do the deep dive to fix this. Autodesk should get whatever low level debugging info is required to analyze and solve this problem.

6 Likes

Upgraded our machines to Mac OS 10.14.6 today to install Flame 2022 and am having this same issue. Interestingly enough, out of the two computers I updated, only one is having issues. Has anyone found a fix that doesn’t involve a fresh install? I’ve tried restarting in Service Monitor as well as allowing full disk access in privacy settings, but no dice unfortunately.

I have not fixed this issue; I’m not running 2022. Eventually I suspect I will have to reinstall the OS. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Interesting development, I installed 2022.2 and that seemed to do the trick. I can now create and open projects on 2022.2. So it definitely seems to have been a problem with the 2022 installer.

I’m also having trouble getting my AJA drivers to get recognized, but I think thats unrelated as we’re due for a firmware update there.

1 Like

Add my name to the list of people having this issue. Although for me it’s the 2022.3 installer. Upgrading the os to see if that’s the issue now but just Jesus what a strange situation…

1 Like

I’m still on 2021.2 because of this crap.

1 Like

Feel your pain. Heading for a full reinstall… this is bananas.

I’m in the middle of building a separate partition for 2022.whatever because I’m not wiping my OS for this.

2 Likes

might be something else using the allocated port?
In terminal try:
sudo lsof -i -P | grep LISTEN | grep :$PORT
and see if anything is else is using default for wiretap which is 7184

If terminal does not return anything, what does it mean? Is the port busy, closed? (I´m trying to solve a problem with backburner and/or wiretap, network , whatever)