Is ok to point multiple versions of flame to the same framestore?

In Flame Setup Media Storage I have a separate raid0 volume for cache. I’m using the same location for all versions of Flame, is that ok? Or should I create a separate location for each version? For example, should I create sub directories for each Flame version or can they all use the top level directory?

Thanks!

2 Likes

If they are using the same location it makes it easier to take a project from an older version and convert it for use in a newer version.

This can also be a problem if you don’t want to convert it means you can’t have a project using the same name.

1 Like

I have always just kept them in the same place.

1 Like

Hey Rich. We have had a few problems with the cache db after experimenting with multiple flame versions on the same cache on Mac Pro Catalina.
Not sure what we were doing wrong. It worked for a while but we had to wipe the caches and do a clean reinstall of flame after a while as it got its knickers in a twist. Backup religiously if you’re gonna do it.

We were switching between 2021.3 and 2019.
It did it again when we were switching between 2021.3 and 2022.2.

1 Like

Good to know @PeteRypstra

Not 100% guaranteed then.

Backing up every night is a very good policy regardless of what Flame Fu you are playing at :nerd_face:

2 Likes