Keyboard problem - OSX 11.2

Hey there! I’m in a kind of a jam here.
I just had to upgrade to Big Sur 11.2. Did a fresh install of Flame - v2021.2. Using Smoke Classic hotkeys, I can’t for the life of me get the Mark In/Out keys to work. I have the 109 key (Mac US English) selected. I’ve also created two different users as well. Nothing seems to be working… I’d greatly appreciate any ideas.
Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is to see if you can reset the keyboard type in the system prefs. I know for my mechanical keyboard it has me press the two keys next to the right and left shift and then says “we think you have a regular old keyboard, yeah” and I hit yeah and then it all seems to work.

Barring that, there’s always the “make a new user” option that seems to clear up many a hotkey-related issue.

Not sure you’ve figured it out yet, but you can always see how your keyboard is mapped from the Keyboard Shortcuts menu. If it isn’t working, then set the keys you want from in there.

2 Likes

One thing to try maybe is upgrade to 2021.2.1 which I believe has fixed some bugs from 2021.2, if you haven’t done that already. I think the update also fixes a gamma encoding issue with Prores exports with the new QuickTime compatibility option button(but don’t quote me on that).
Also then is Mac OS 11.2.1, sooo a .2.1 for both… lol
That’s what I’m running on my shiny new Mac Pro and the only bug I have is flame will crash if I change the preset on my Eizo in it’s Color Navigtor controller & calibration software.

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks all! Once I get my machine back, two dead logic boards in 8 days, I’ll give these a shot.