KVM for Mac & Linux

I’d love to share my keyboard, mouse & tablet between my Mac & linux machines. Can anyone recommend a KVM that would work for both?

1 Like

4k? HDMI? DisplayPort? 1 screen? 2 screens? Audio? USB 2? USB 3?

Actually I don’t need the M part as much. I’m fine with using two diff screens (it’s my setup). But if I was it would be DisplayPort and USB2

I’m eyeing this one. Haven’t used it though.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1471623-REG/aten_cs1942dp_2_port_usb_3_0_4k.html

Thanks.

1 Like

Aww shucks now Im wondering why I haven’t just done this…just a USB switch and use 2 separate monitor inputs.

I’ll let you know how this works…

I’ve done the cheap Amazon switcher and it’s fine, stopped using it cause I kept forgetting which monitor and keyboard was active and always was butcherin my flame timeline when I thought I was replying to an email

1 Like

Yo @andymilkis … I can conform that this USB switcher above ain’t too bad for switching between Linux and Mac.

It has a tiny remote which I’m sure you’ll love.

1 Like

I use a 4 usb Sabrent switch. its great… i use the 1 monitor to switch the video and just use the switchable USB hub to swicth my wacom, keyboard and mouse. has been working great for nearly 2 years now

1 Like

Is this the one from B&H that you showed me?

Nah I went cheap USB switcher not BH KVM.

Can you share the link?

1 Like

I did.

That’s right. Thanks! Did you go with the usb 2 or 3?

1 Like

Trois.

1 Like

I used iogear KVM’s for years and they were very robust. Not the cheapest, but good. Currently using a TEsmart from Amazon. It works well enough. I needed HDMI 2.0 to support resolutions above 1920x1200 without breaking the bank.

1 Like