Micro freezes

Kirk, the esc key is the one key I hit more than anything now, but when drawing a gmask, it always closes it.
I just want them to fix it!

1 Like

@paul_round Can you check if the Tooltips Auto Display is enabled in Preferences → User Interface. If it is can you disable it and tell us if it improves your experience.

1 Like

Hi Fred, it’s disabled.

Hi Fred! I’ve never thought about disabling tooltips. Should/could that help performance in other ways?
Thanks!
GP

Hello Greg-Paul,

We do think that the tooltips display may be one of the culprit (but not the only one). I do not think that they would impact something else.

fred

1 Like

I’ve run w/o “tooltips” enabled for years. Still get the freezes, sadly.

Because the universe is a funny place, I experience a micro freeze after I disabled tooltips and closed preferences.

I’ve been on the same job for 6 weeks. It’s gotten huge and there’s been a lot of wiring between flames. The micro freezes have gotten longer and more frequent as the project has grown. Could there be any correlation?

Just an update since I had reported micro freezes in 2020.1.1. That was indeed limited to one project - all other projects have had no micro freezes.

1 Like

I’m working from home today on my hackintosh and I have to say compared to the linux box, it’s much nicer to work on, no micro-freezes, or any of the other annoyances, such as selected icons being deleted instead of duplicated and the player not stopping when I want it to.

1 Like

Please let us know if the micro-freezes problem can be reproduce in Flame 2023. As far as we know the most problematic cases have been fixed in this version.

1 Like

Hi Fred, I shall do. Not sure when it will be installed though, as we are in the middle of a project.