OSX Ventura?

hi there. looks good. a curved screen huh! anyhow im not near that flame setup until Tuesday now. I will check it all out again then. the flame im on now is on a Mac Pro intel and that can’t see the black magic card either though !

Thanks for the screenshot!

So, BMD Setup does not see the card so this is before Flame. And resolve works fine with the card o this mac?

I see you have many old versions of Flame. Did you update from macOS 12.x to macOS 13 on this MAC? if so, could you try to uninstall and re-installed Desktop Video?

it doesn’t see the internal PCI cards. but on my M1 Mac Studio it sees the ultra studio down the thunderbolt cable. I don’t have that many versions of flame
Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 14.36.54

1 Like

When yo have access to the Mac Studio, let me know if Desktop Video Setup shows the card. if it does not the that explains why Flame does also does not see it. I suspect that re-installig the driver will fix the issue since, if I am not wrong, you have upgraded your macOS 12.x partition to macOS 13, right (as opposed to a clean installation then BMD driver and Flame installation).

I do not complain you have too many versions of Flame, no worry :wink: Seeing the versions you have installed make me believe that you have upgrade the OS.

So, all in all, even if BMD driver is not supported on Ventura, re-installing the driver should fix your issue since in our lab all is fine.

Curve monitor? Of course :wink:

1 Like

@Jonhollis could you also have a look at this article:

Hi

Yes that worked on Mac Pro with the internal card. I got to admit I thought I had done this - but obviously not! Thanks for your help. Jh

1 Like

Very good!

1 Like

Hi

So all the intel Mac Pros work. Just reinstalled BMD desktop software on the M1 Mac Studio and it sees the ultra studio as before and the flame can’t see it at all.

Hum… that’s not gonna be a simple one :wink:

One last thing to try: could you enable any HD timing and start Flame and see what happens?

Would you mind open a support ticket so our tech could have a look at your mac?

Yes that worked. Suddenly I could see the BMD card and then change it from HD to UHD

1 Like

Very good! Enjoy BMD Preview in Flame!

Just to clarify: on your mac Intel you use the PCI UltraStudio 4K card and you cannot replicate the issue, right? In our lab, with this card model all is fine. We will validate with the UltraStudio 4K mini later this week but we should get the same issue as you have seen. I have filled a defect for this and we’ll let you know when a fix is available but enabling an HD timing for now is a good workaround.

2 Likes

Well I was enjoying it all before! But then somewhere between Ventura and the new flame release it disappeared!

on the Mac Pro intel machines its the DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G pic card. and the m1 studio its a thunderbolt cable to Ultrastudio 4k mini.

Take 2: :wink:
-The issue is only visible on your Mac Studio with the UltraStudio 4K mini, right?

Yes!

Hey!

After updating to 13.1 … my Wacom stopped working. After struggling for a while I got it to work by manually removing everything Wacom related and then installing an older driver… ( 6.3.46-2)

Maybe that’ll help somebody… :slight_smile: … other than that… it’s works like a charm on my Mac Studio…

Thanks for confirming.

fwiw I just upgraded to Ventura with no wacom issues on my MacStudio. I have been also using the latest wacom drivers.

That’s interesting… even on the Wacom site they mention being aware of issues. Good for you. :slight_smile:

By the way… just did a head to head with my linux box (dell 7920/128gb ram/ Nvidia a5000) and my Mac Studio using a setup of a current job… just your average setup, keys, blurs, matchboxes, some actions, gmasks etc… 1.52 on linux… 1.40. on macstudio… The dell’s a few years old… but not too bad … all in all…

3 Likes

Morning!

Blackmagic Design released Desktop Video 12.4.1, which officially supports macOS Ventura (see Support Center | Blackmagic Design).

We are updating the System Requirements page with this version, which can be installed on both macOS and Linux workstations.

Let us know how things go.

1 Like