Remote working- Mac Studio

Yes, I am talking about pressure too.

Damn it :disappointed:

Back to the IT department I guess.

Windows Client. Linux Host - No Pen sensitivity

Mac Client. Mac Host - No Pen sensitivity

Which tablet model?

I use same tablet and keyboard at both ends. No pressure issues with rgs, linux to linux.

2 Likes

I have an intuos pro PTH-651 on the Mac

intuos pro PTH-660 on the Windows box

Not too sure what is plugged in to the other end. I am WFH today.

651 needs to use USB bridging flag on launch… 660 should work automatically

also you should make sure to be using the latest release both agent and client, and use High Performance Preview mode on client.

Also, we find that with 651 series, we need to connect once with client, then disconnect, and connect again to get pressure to work. Teradici sucks BTW.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @ALan

I will keep trying. I be sure to let Logik know if I start to go backwards :joy:

I do Mac to Linux host RGS full pen sensitivity.

1 Like

Oh ffs :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I have been sold a lie :joy:

2 Likes

I just tried it, logging into my Mac Studio running Flame, and Parsec from Windows. Pen works, no pressure sensitivity. But here’s a pretty detailed write-up. It does work on Windows hosts (doesn’t help you in this case), Mac support supposedly coming, but not sure when. Their Mac hosting has been a more recent addition. It almost has feature parity, but not quite. Working dual screen in Flame was straight forward and fast (albeit I was on local network).

1 Like

Some great info here- and a few options to try. Did try Parsec without much joy but will give it another go, and will report back on how we get on.

Thanks all for an excellent and helpful response.

pcoip-client --use-egl --vidpid-auto-forward “056a,0317 056a,0316 056a,0315 056a,0314 056a,0313”

1 Like

Looking into this deeper than our IT did. Seems they gave up too easily.

1 Like

I’ve had this exact conversation with at least four or five different IT departments since the switch to remote work a few years ago.

Me: RGS/Teradici isn’t passing my wacom pressure sensitivity through to the Flame

IT: Yeah that is a known problem. No fix for it currently.

Me: Oh actually I know it can work. I’ve been multiple places that have it working. There is some really good info on the Logik forums about it. I’ll send you a link.

IT: Yeah that’s not relevant to our situation. It’s not going to work because of x, y, z bogus reason. We just need to wait for HP/Teradici/Autodesk/Wacom to issue a new update/version/patch/driver. Blah blah blah.

Me: Okay cool I’ll just suffer over here in silence

1 Like

I got it.
I got my pen sensitivity back. Thanks to a little help from my friends here at Logik.

PTH-660 with the latest client and latest drivers.
High Performance Preview mode on client.
USB auto forward.

7 Likes

Yeah I’m sorry Richie Betts but I’d have a strongly worded message into your Sysadmins. This has never been broken and the documentation exists, and the Studio Sysadmins Slack is full of help and assistance on this very issue.