Removing segments/shots of a clip in Sequences Reel possible?

Hello Forum,

I selected all stills in a Reel(still duration of each single shot(Tiff): 00:00:02+08),
right-clicked and choosed Splice Selected. Then clicked on another Reel to make a single
clip of all the frames.

Question:
Is it possible to erase selected segments/shots of a clip in a Sequences Reel? How?
(I don’t know even how to select them:)

Thank’s!

Joe

PS
Since I already applied some Dissolves beetween segments/shots in the Sequences
Reel I try to avoid to repeat Splice Selected…

Yes. It sounds like you are using a lot of gestural means of editing.

Right click and click Open on a sequence to expose the segments.

Joe, at the bottom of the timeline, there’s a button for searching that brings up an amazing tool to select shots in a sequence based on almost every imaginable parameter. If you can think of a way to differentiate the clips you want to select, it’ll get you there!

You could splice that reel into a sequence and make the selection, delete the offenders, and cut the sequence back into clips.

Thank’s for the help
->Right click and click Open on a sequence to expose the segments

In my case this does paint a red boarder around the clip in Sequences(show as one thumbnail).
Pressing C shows all frames of the whole clip without the possibility to select the 60 frames
of the shot to be deleted.

What am I doing wrong?

Joe

1 Like

->Joe, at the bottom of the timeline, there’s a button for searching that brings up an amazing tool to
The thing with this search-tool sounds very interesting. I am going to play with it in order to be (hopefully soon) able to use it productively :slight_smile:

Thank’s a lot!

Joe

Hiya @joe99. I have a feeling its something super simple that a few minutes of screen sharing would help. Would you like to screen share and I can help walk you through it? Cameras not needed. We could discord chat or text or however works for you?