Splashtop Remote - Mac to Mac - No Audio

I’m trying to use Splashtop for remote Flame, but the audio is not working from Flame. I can hear the audio from YouTube via Chrome or a QT from the streaming mac, but not the Flame audio output.
Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks,
Andrew

I have run in to this, as well.

In the client side settings, go to preferences/settings/Audio.

Make sure you have it set for “Output sound to both” and install the sound driver on the client side computer.

Reboot and it should work.

I set the audio output in flame preferences to Splashtop Remote Sound and that fixed this issue.

1 Like

How have you found Splashtop for latency, video quality and Wacom support?

Connecting from a Mac or Windows client to a Mac funning flame, it works well.
The wacom tablet and hot keys work. Latency wise, it’s fine to work with but obviously not as responsive as working locally. 7 out of 10.
I got the audio to play, but its clearly not synced.
I tried to connect to my Linux workstation from a Mac and it locked up the stream. That machine is currently running Centos 7.6.
Will try again after changing the OS to Rocky.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. Splashtop is definitely on my list of remote solutions to try

I have had success with using Splastop from a windoze laptop to Linux Flame. Was a better local key layout than my MacBookPro.

I was using splashtop until I found parsec, I think parsec is the closest thing to feel like working locally. It is really fast, this is like the embergen of the remote apps

2 Likes

I’d totally be using Parsec if they supported a Linux host.