SRT files import to Flame

Me. It worked ok. I’m on 2024 now though.

Ive tried doing it but the XML is unreadble. Cant phathom out why

The only issues I had was that ability to move all the titles at once seemed flawed in that they were not consistent, but I was in a huge hurry and it could well have been cockpit error.

Can you check the srt in another application like premier?

Now would be a good time to upgrade to 2024.2… :smiley:

Side note: is everyone being tasked to do tons of burn-in subtitles recently? We are.

It’s not an uncommon ask these days, but it’s not every job either. I look forward to trying out the new stuff on at least one job this month.

Yeah it opened ok in Resolve.

I also used an online converter and the XML didnt work using that either

I used the new subtitle features yesterday. 1 SRT and 1 Avid whatevertheycallit. Success on both counts. Big shoutout to the dev team.

4 Likes

So been testing it, but is suffering the same crunchiness and anti-aliasing problem Text module has had forever. Not seening any settings in Subtitle for more anti-aliasing?

Mine aren’t so bad, but they’re big as a house, so that probably has a lot to do with it. But you’re right. This could become problematic.

They’re ok in a pinch. But I still think we have to stick with AE renders for right now. I blame TikTok

There’s a potential backdoor, perhaps. I usually do all my fine text on the timeline as a BFX. I create the text at double size, then size it down in action with antialiasing. It works wonders on fine text. There is a subtitle function in bfx, but it doesn’t seem to allow importing an srt. I imagine, however, that this route, if I could get it to work. would lose all the export functions you get with the tlfx subtitles.

But it’s a good start, and most clients don’t seem to give a shit about the subtitles, so I’m gonna run with it whenever I can

1 Like

Ooops. There’s no kerning either.

The fact client complain about kerning on subtitles is the end of me. Because they do. 2024.3?

1 Like

I got hit with “why is the apostrophe not curved?” yesterday. I had to find one in the symbols menus and they were all over the place. I finally found one that looked ok, but I’m waiting for the "can you shrink the space between . . . . " comment.

Which brings me to “why is the apostrophe not curved?” It’s the same font in photoshop (literally the same font) and the apostrophe is correct there.

Hmm. Works for me… (edited .srt to put in one of each, imported to Flame)

Mac or Linux. I’ve had this issue for years.