Upgraded to 2019 Mac Pro 12-Core - errors galore!

hi there! I just got a new system to run flame 2020 out of, but I’m not able to preview footage while in media hub, and it won’t show me a preview of footage/gfx/etc until it has fully cached. Instead, it shows the gray checkboard in both media hub preview and when it’s pulled in flame uncached.

Is there something I’m missing?

These are the computers specs and I’m running 2020 flame:
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 3.57.52 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 3.58.01 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 3.58.07 PM

1 Like

I’m not in front of my machine, but you may need to grant disk and file access somewhere in System Prefs/security.

I just watched Beau from support do this to my machine yesterday while he was investigating a clip issue.

1 Like

@Gunpowder ? Permissions?

@randy @Jason_Kalinoski thank you for the help. I changed permissions, but still it was being a fickle beast. I ended up updating to 2021 and the problem resolved itself… weird…

1 Like

@randy @Sbotie 100% it’s permissions based.

If you open up your system preferences > security you need to grant full disk access to Flame/dlmpd/stonewire

Or to permanently disable: How to turn off System Integrity Protection on your Mac | iMore

1 Like

This makes sense because I think in 2021 I could install Flame without turning off SIP meaning there isn’t an extra level of permissions to go through upon install of 2021 whilst there is on 2020. I think.

1 Like

Updated to Catalina a few months ago and had to set like half of a day aside just to go through all my programs and re-grant permissions to everything that needed it. The security hardening is nice, but it’s brought permissions hell.

2 Likes

@tombox thank you! it 100% is permissions based. I think because 2021 overview system prefs and permissions I was able to select giving flame access.

yes! exactly