Logik Portal

Thx. Will try that Monday morning first thing. And let you know. Enjoy your WE.

Juste tested on a linux box and it works like expected. Thx a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A new update for the Portal is available on the Portal and on pyflame.com. More bug fixes, some UI improvements, and the ability to install matchboxes into folders that require permissions.

Mike

5 Likes

Hello Mike

I tried to install it on both mac and linux systems and I get the same result. the list is completely empty.

MacPro 2019 10.15.7
Linux Z4 Centos7.6

I actually checked that the python folders were readable and writable.

Any idea i probably missed something

Hi James

Are you getting any errors in the shell when you try running the script? What version of Flame are you using?

Hi Mike
I am running Flame.2020.3.1 on both system
and i got this message on mac :

logik portal v1.6 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
flame_version: 2020.3*
connected to portal <<<*
script_name: logik portal*
script_path: /opt/Autodesk/shared/python/logik_portal/logik_portal.py*
script_version: 1.6*
script_date: 03.14.21*
script_dev: Michael Vaglienty - email: michael@slaytan.net - www.pyflame.com*
script_min_flame_version: 2020.3*
downloading batch setups list <<<*

Logik Portal execute callback [<class ā€˜logik_portal.LogikPortalā€™>((<flame.PySequence object at 0x173a1e130>,),)] failed because of an error of type error(60, ā€˜Operation timed outā€™)***

I believe pretty much the same on linux box.

I just gave it a try on 2020.3.1 on my system and it seems to work ok. It looks like there might be a connection problem with the script connecting to the internet. Do you have a firewall or anything else setup that might be blocking internet connections?

1 Like

Good evening Mike

Problem solved
it was indeed a firewall problem that was blocking ftp access.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I will be able to explore these wonderful tools.
Iā€™ll keep you posted

1 Like

New version of the Logik Portal for Flame 2022 can be had here:

https://www.pyflame.com/scripts-2022#/logik-portal-2022

Iā€™ll be adding more of the old scripts as I get through converting them to python 3.7 for Flame 2022.

Mike

8 Likes

Thank you!

This looks awesome! Are people adding to this also? Incredible work!

2 Likes

Precisely the idea. Add away.

For those of us are slow on the uptake, is there a way to see what scripts are available on pyflame.com? When I go there, itā€™s just links to the installer. Itā€™s getting to be ā€œbother engineering about thingsā€ time, and Iā€™m thinking Iā€™d like to give python and that fancy new ML timewarp a try. TIA!

At the moment thereā€™s no way to see all the scripts that are available through the Portal without installing the Portal. Iā€™m in the process of moving things from that website to Github. Once I have everything set up on Github Iā€™ll share that page.

Mike

2 Likes

And you can download and run the ML Timewaro through the GitHub download whilst @MikeV does his thing.

I finally got around to updating the Logik Portal and the scripts on there over the last couple of weeks. They should all now work in Flame 2022(python 3.7) and earlier versions(python 2.7). A lot of the scripts include little updates and bug fixes. Some of the script names have changed such as Import FBX is now Import Camera, Shot Folder Creator is now Create Shot, and Batch Node Menus is now Add Batch Nodes.

There are also a bunch of great new scripts from @john-geehreng on there now as well.

The updated version of the Portal can be downloaded from here:

Iā€™ve also created a github repository here for anyone who wants to contribute scripts to the the Portal.

Thanks to @panisset and @claussteinmassl for suggestions and helping me wrap my head around github.

If anyone runs into any issues let me know.

6 Likes

Hi Mike,

I just installed the 2.0 logik-portal script and when it opens there is noting to choose from in the right column. Is it because Iā€™m on a future version of Flame?

Hey John

You should grab the latest which is 2.2. You can get here:

Hey Mike!

Love these tools, thanks so much for sharing and making them available to us!

Having some issues getting it up and running in Flame 2022.0.1.
I had MLTimewarp installed before, but removed the .py files in the shared folder. Then started again from scratch with your Logik Portal.

This is the message that comes up when I try to instal a script:

Then if I quit Flame and relaunch, this is what my Logik Portal looks like, and no scripts are available to me that I previously tried to install:

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Jan

Hey Jan

Iā€™m not sure why that TimewarpML window is coming up. Thatā€™s a totally separate thing from the Portal. I tested the Portal script in 2022.0.1 and itā€™s working for me. I would suggest deleting the Logik Portal folder and then reinstalling that script. That might fix it. If it doesnā€™t let me know if you get any errors in the terminal/shell you launch Flame from.

Mike