Logik Portal

Which version of the Portal are you using? Are you getting any errors in the shell?

ahhh ok I realized I had two versions of the portal installed and it defaulted to the old one. Now Iā€™ve got 2.6. Iā€™m trying to upload my batch setup and nothing happens when I click Upload.

In the shell I see:

batch tar file created <<<

Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ/opt/Autodesk/shared/python/logik_portal/logik_portal.pyā€, line 1495, in batch_setup_upload
create_batch_xml_file()
File ā€œ/opt/Autodesk/shared/python/logik_portal/logik_portal.pyā€, line 1420, in create_batch_xml_file
print(line, file=out_file)
UnicodeEncodeError: ā€˜asciiā€™ codec canā€™t encode character uā€™\xe9ā€™ in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

hmmmā€¦ I canā€™t seem to replicate the problem here. If you want, just send me the batch setup and the description for it and Iā€™ll get it on there.

1 Like

That batch is on the Portal now. I figurerd out what the problem was. It was the Ć© in your name. I didnā€™t catch it because I was using flame 2022 where it seems like using that character is ok. But when I went to upload the batch using 2021.2 it gave me the same error. Soā€¦ no Ć©ā€™s until 2022 :slight_smile:

Iā€™m assuming the Ć© is ok in 2022 because of the newer version of python that 2022 is using.

2 Likes

Great sleuthing! Thanks for the assist!!

1 Like

Hi!

I unziped the file and cp the contents to the proper folder. Made sure to open all permissions.

Anyways, when i go to the menu i can see the Logik menu item with an arrow next to its name. But, even if i click on it or hover, nothing happens, not even the portal item shows up. This is the first time I have installed this python script. Flame 2020.2 update on centos 7.6. Nothing on the terminal BTW.

Hey Frank

You need at least Flame 2021 to be able to use the Logik Portal. The menu wonā€™t show up in earlier versions.

Mike

I actually rolled back to Portal 1.6 and that seems to be working for me on Mac Flame 2020.3.1

Trouble is you canā€™t expect the uploaded batches to work on older versions.

OK, that makes sense, thanks!

Sooonā€¦

Iā€™ve put a new version of the Portal up. I added the ability to select a locally saved python script (like a script downloaded from these forums) which the Portal will then copy into the proper place for Flame to see it.

Thanks for the suggestion @fredwarren!

Mike

9 Likes

Thanks Mike!

I just want to say huge thank you for the portal. Its really well designed! And very helpful library of knowledge for me. I was looking for something like this for some timeā€¦

4 Likes

Perhaps an embarassing questionā€¦ BUTā€¦
Can someone explain this ā€œportalā€ to me in simple terms?

I think this is a collection of user created python scripts as well as a link to auto update logik matchboxes.
Am I correct?
And if so, in regards to the scryptsā€¦ can you edit/select which scripts you want active? is it a txt file we open and * out the things we donā€™t want? In my case, what has drawn the interest is the TL Timewarp script I keep reading about.

I love this idea, I just need to understand this better before implementing.
thanks for your input in advance.

d

1 Like

Itā€™s a gui to pick which python scripts you want to install, plus you can upload / download small archives and Batch setups.

DUDE! You have to check out the ML Timewarp. It will absolutely change your life. Stop what you are doing right now and get this installed. The ML Timewarp is hosted on GitHub and all the info can be found here in that megathreadā€¦ Flame Machine Learning Timewarp, now on Linux and Mac - #291 by randy

1 Like

Thank You @randy
Also, Thank you @talosh for sharing with the community.

2 Likes

And our very own @MikeV is the Logik Portal Author.

3 Likes

Hey @MikeV , I tried to push my python script for the Segment Info through your logik_portal 2.8.
I tried to submit but I canā€™t login.
is it my logik login from the forum ?
Thx

F

To upload python scripts to the Portal you need a login. Itā€™s separate from your login here. Iā€™ll set you up and message you.

Mike

Iā€™ve just posted a new update to the Portal here: Logik Portal ā€” Flame Python Scripts

Iā€™ve also updated some scripts and added a few new ones. All of the updated scripts need at least Flame 2022 and most of the new ones are for 2023. pyflame.com has been updated as well with more details on the updated/new scripts.

With all the changes to the scripts that Iā€™ve made, Iā€™m sure I broke a few things. If anyone runs into problems let me know.

Scripts that have been updated:

add gmask
adjust text fx
batch nodes
create export menus
create media panel templates
create project folders
create projection
create shot
delete folders
export frame
export srt
import camera
import st map
import write node
invert axis
multi batch render
paint node edit
shot sheet maker
slate maker
srt to xml
syntheyes export

new scripts:

user batch setups - creates right-click menus for saved batch setups to append to current batch(alternative to using bin nodes since the menus/setups will carry on to new versions of flame)

add audio(2023) - quickly add either stereo or 5.1 audio to sequences.

master builder(2023) - quickly build masters from clips/sequences in a reel group

rename shots(2023) - save shot/clip naming pattern and apply both quickly without having to name them separately and constantly re-enter the naming pattern.

Mike

11 Likes

Taylor Swift GIF by The Voice