Today I learned…

It makes sense to me. The way I think of it is the sources sequence is like the TK roll. And the shots are the conformed rushes in the flame. Don’t know if this is useful to you but thinking like this helps me stop worrying and love the bomb.

2 Likes

no, I’m still worried.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s legal, but even when greyed out, you can still rename an existing project in the modify menu. That will change the projectname in flame, but not the folder structure.

dont do this. It’s bad and breaks things.

This is no longer possible to do so in Flame 2024 btw.

3 Likes

Same in Shotgrid. It’s possible and ducks it up.

1 Like

Holding alt and clicking a keyframe parameter deletes all the keyframes but keeps the value :exploding_head:.

7 Likes

While watching a tutorial recently I learned that if you hold shift and click into a numeric box that all the keyframes for that channel load into the timebar.

6 Likes

Additionally, holding Shift and Double-Clicking in a numeric field opens the Animation Editor with that channel framed inside it.

12 Likes

This has been fixed in Flame 2024.

1 Like

Interesting. What’s the new behaviour? I considered this a good thing as it’s the only way to unlink in order to reconform into the new duplicated segments without unlinking the old segments.

2 Likes

Sorry, I copied/ pasted the wrong item. This is the one that is fixed:

3 Likes

Wait…WHAT??? How did I not know about this???

4 Likes

This is true for all these tools. You can hold down D for Delete, A for Add, etc.

5 Likes

OK…we are def doing a “Today I Learned” Logik Live this summer!!

11 Likes

Space + V for the Smoke folks!

5 Likes

I’ll be there

Been using the hold-C function ever since reading this. On this “Today I Learned” episode, I wonder what other easter eggs are hiding in plain view? I need to start a running list of – “What does this thing do?” Nodes and modes I never use, but I am sure are useful. e.g. PunchBack, Convolve, Substance Splatter

1 Like

Today I learned that you can change your overall shape of your spline even if you have added lots of keyframes.

Gmask tracer - Go to Vertices and click “Edit Tracking Keyframes” under the Animation setting. Your mask will turn blue while it’s on.

Thanks @greg

5 Likes

I learned this in the last year and what a big deal I somehow had missed.